Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trying to get inspired. :)

This is the first blog that I haven't felt very inspired to write. This week has worn me out and it's only Wednesday! I have been in God's word and went to church this weekend! It was a great service that related a lot with a section in the last blog I wrote about tithing. You can watch this sermon and many more at www.experiencelifenow.com. My pastor discussed the importance of tithing, giving offerings and trusting God with the money he has blessed us with and spending it in the way he would desire us to spend it. The biggest take away I got from the sermon was that we should be investing our money in eternal things not temporary things.

Travis and I have decided to make this a focus in our life and have done pretty well in the past couple of weeks. Among other things, we haven't eaten out in close to two weeks which is a huge accomplishment for us. We also have stopped drinking alcohol for many reasons and money is one of them.

One of my reasons for not drinking is because I have felt convicted about it for a long time and I finally decided that I should listen to that conviction. I do not think that drinking alcohol is wrong and don't want people to feel like I am saying that. However, I do feel like drinking to the point of drunkenness is wrong. Which I have done too many times to count and have decided that because I can not control myself after one or two drinks that I should just not have any.

Not drinking will be a challenge for me because drinking has always been a way for me to relieve stress. I am just naturally a person that worries and stresses a lot. It is something that I try to control but it just seems never ending. I know putting my trust in God will cure the constant angst that I feel but that is easy to say and not always easy to do. So for my friends that are reading this please respect my choice to not drink and don't ask me to. Peer pressure (among other things) has always been a factor in me not achieving the personal goals that I have set for myself but I don't want it to be a factor this time around. And if you can not respect what I am asking then please understand when I move myself away from you. I'm sorry but I am not willing to compromise my beliefs anymore in order to fit in. (whoa...I know)

Okay that was something that I needed to get off my chest but have been avoiding for a while. Please don't be offended and I'm sorry if you are.

Moving on, I am only on day 3 of the One Month to Live book but I am not going to stress about it. Here is Day 3's section of, Make it Count for Life:

1. What consumes most of your time each day? How meaningful is it? How much of your day do spend doing only what you do best?

Currently, school consumes most of my time each day. Whether it is class or studying for class. It is not typically meaningful but getting an MBA has always been a goal of mine so the means to reaching that goal is very meaningful to me. As far as how much of my day do I spend doing only what I do best, that is a hard question. I am not even sure I know what I do best so I just don't know how to answer that question..And now that I think about it that is pretty sad. Any reading have any suggestions??

Okay, I'm losing focus probably due to listening to great music while I write this. Thanks for reading sorry if today's blog seems off like I said before I didn't feel very inspired or really know what to write about. Hope you all have a great day!

Jesus, the best I know how, I commit my life to you. Amen.


Listening to: Knees to the Earth by Watermark....AMAZING SONG!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, interesting to ask if you spend most of your time at the thing you're best at. Is it asking because you should be doing it more, or because you should be expanding your horizon?

    I sincerely wish you the best of luck quitting drinking.

    ReplyDelete